Douglas Village Shopping Centre
INDUSTRY:Retail Shopping Centre
OUR CLIENT:Douglas Village Shopping Centre
Douglas Village Shopping Cente is located in Cork. Boasting 230k sq ft of retail space, the shopping centre is anchored by Tesco and M&S.
With multi-story car-parking facilities, tenants include a large gym, library and post office.
Following a devasting car park fire in August 2019, the shopping centre was forced to close and analyse the situation. The works were further delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Due to the extensive damage, It was deemed necessary to completely rebuilt the car park and a number of units. The location of the damage included the ESB substation, boiler room, and control room which resulted in the requirement for complete rewiring.
Our goal was to integrate security hardware and software communications onto the shopping centre management system.
SenSys engaged with the following on this project:
O’Sheas Electrical (Jones Engineering)
RPC IT Consultants
THE SENSYS SOLUTION
- Active IP Network Equipment
- Fibre Optic Network and Structured Cabling Termination
- Security & Operations Control Room Installation & Integration
- 185 IP CCTV Cameras operated by servers with 600TB
- 20 Integrated Door Access Control
- 85 IP Footfall counters
- WiFi network
- IP Telephone System, SIP Trunks & Connectivity
- IP Digital signage and displays
- Automatic Barriers
- Full Integration with Fire Alarm, BMS, Shopping Centre management system
SenSys group collaborators